Ichabod is a server process which accepts POSTed HTML and can rasterize (eg. render images) and evaluate JS in that HTML document. There is a focus on rendering speed.
- Fast rasterization of HTML. See the getting started section and the benchmarks.
- JSON API See the API documentation.
- Animated output using giflib. See some example usage.
- High quality animated output using mediancut and other diffusion methods.
- Python bindings. See the python bindings and the iPython walkthrough.
- X11 not required.
- statsd support built in.
Several excellent headless projects have previously blazed a trail:
- PhantomJS scriptable headless webkit.
- Wkhtmltopdf render HTML into PDF
Ichabod is free software/open source, and is distributed under the MIT license.
Ichabod was created, and is maintained, by:
Thanks to support from: